Stephen Weatherseed Senior Director, Financial Advisory
- BA Hons in Economics and Law from Durham University, UK
- The Financial Reporting Council Honorary Adviser
- Fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Fellow member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Practising)
- Council member of the Hong Kong Institute of Directors
Stephen joined Mazars in January 2011. His role within the firm includes international audit clients, both as contact and/or engagement partner, and special projects in relation to corporate finance and litigation support. He also focuses on practice development for the firm with a view to increasing Mazars' brand awareness within Hong Kong.
Stephen has spent over 30 years in professional financial services, more than half of which have been based in Hong Kong and Asia, and the remainder in the UK and Europe. His experience includes practice management; developing new service lines; establishing and appointing representative firms in new countries; advising clients on corporate finance, audit, risk management and cross-border transactions, and also on China/Asian investment/trading strategies. He has a recognised track record of building and managing businesses, establishing a profile, advising complex, multi-national clients; developing new business; executing transaction services and acting as the financial expert.
In terms of foreign languages, Stephen has varying levels of fluency/knowledge of French, Russian and Mandarin.